Level of difficult
Ingredients for Egg Vanilla Soufflé
- Chicken eggs 2
- White granulated sugar 35 gr
- Flour No. 8 15 gr
- Unsalted butter 20 gr
- Fresh milk without sugar 80 ml
- Vanilla essence 1 teaspoon
- The oven has a neat, luxurious design, metal shell, and shiny mirror-coated glass door, contributing to the aesthetic appeal of the product.
- The capacity of the oven is as large as 52 liters, can bake 2 whole chickens of 2kg, 3 loaves of 20cm diameter sponge cake, very convenient.
- Durable stainless steel oven cavity, anti-oxidation, limited burning, easy to clean after use.
- If you love making delicious homemade cakes, buy this product now!
How to make Vanilla Egg Soufflé
Brush butter and sugar into the baking pan
First, you take a small brush to spread butter evenly on the inner surface of the baking pan. Then, you pour granulated sugar into the mold, coat a thin layer of sugar so that the sugar sticks to the butter and evenly adheres to the baking mold.
Separate egg yolks and whites
You crack 2 eggs, separate 2 yolks into 1 bowl, 2 whites into 1 bowl. At this step, you need to be careful not to let the yolks mix with the whites.
In a bowl with 2 yolks, add 15g of white granulated sugar, then use a spatula to mix the 2 ingredients together until blended.
Mix cake dough
You use a sieve to filter 15g of flour number 8, and then put it in a bowl with 2 yolks. Then use a spatula to mix the flour with the yolk mixture until the mixture is smooth.
Stir the mixture on the stove
You put the pot on the stove, then put in the pot 80ml of fresh milk without sugar, 20gr of unsalted butter and 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence and boil on the lowest heat.
While cooking, use a spatula to stir the ingredients until well combined. When the mixture boils slightly, turn off the heat.
Next, slowly add the cooked buttermilk mixture to the egg mixture. You pay attention while pouring and using a whisk to stir the 2 mixtures together more easily.
Then, you put the mixture into the pot and cook on the lowest heat until the mixture thickens into a smooth mass, then turn off the heat.
Next, pour the mixture into a small bowl and let it cool.
Beat egg whites
In a bowl with 2 egg whites, use a whisk to beat at low speed until small bubbles appear, then stop.
Next, slowly add 20g of white granulated sugar divided into 2-3 times. During the process of pouring sugar into the whites, you need to beat the sugar first about 20 seconds before adding a new sugar.
Once all the sugar has been added to the bowl, turn on the mixer on high speed and beat for about 2-3 minutes until the egg whites form soft peaks with drooping.
Mix the mixture and put it in the mold
First, you put 2-3 teaspoons of beaten egg white in the yolk bowl, then mix well.
Then, reverse the bowl of egg whites and fold the mixture in one direction from the outside to the inside in a fold until it is smooth and blended.
Note: When whisking egg whites, do not let the bowl and egg whites get greasy, water or a little egg yolk will also cause the egg whites to fail and the cake will not be delicious.
Next, you put the flour mixture into the mold, then spread the dough evenly.
You need to preheat the oven for 10 minutes to stabilize the heat.
Then, you put the cake mold in the baking tray, then put it in the oven at 190 degrees Celsius for the first 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, you bake more at 180 degrees Celsius for 5 minutes, the cake is satisfactory.
- When baking is complete, you must not open the oven door immediately because it will reduce the temperature in the oven suddenly causing the cake to deflate quickly.
- When the cake is done, leave the cake in the oven for another 3-5 minutes to stabilize the heat before taking it out.
Souffle cake has a light yellow color, the cake is soft and smooth, melting with the sweet and fatty taste of buttermilk. You can serve the cake with strawberry jam, raspberry or fresh cream to make the cake more delicious.
What is Soufflé?
Soufflé is also known as puff pastry. This is a famous baked cake in France, made from egg yolks combined with whites and various spices and used as a savory dish for a main appetizer or a sweet dessert.
Soufflé is made with two basic ingredients:
The French often eat this cake with jam, fruit and chocolate to enhance the flavor.
What is Meringue?
Meringue is a term used to refer to a mixture of egg whites and powdered sugar, beaten until stiff, soft peaks are formed.
Common problems and how to fix them
- If the cake does not rise: it is because the Meringue has not been beaten to a stiff state or the mixing method is not correct, causing many air bubbles to burst, which will deflate the cake.
- Cake does not flow, hard inside: because the ratio of flour is not correct.
- You should preheat the oven for 10 minutes at 190 degrees Celsius to stabilize the temperature when baking.
- The surface of the cake is burnt, the cake is not cooked: because the oven temperature is too high, you should lower the heat and prolong the baking time.
- Souffle is better served when it is still hot, because the cake will be soft and melted at this time. If stored in the refrigerator, the core of the cake will thicken and it will not taste good.